- Heavy-Duty Handling/Trailering Suspension Package
- 7 Speakers
- AM/FM radio
- AM/FM Stereo w/MP3 Compatible 6-Disc CD
- Bose Premium Audio Speaker System Feature
- CD player
- MP3 decoder
- Radio data system
- Air Conditioning
- Automatic temperature control
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Electric Rear-Window Defogger
- Front dual zone A/C
- Rear window defroster
- 12-Way Power Driver Seat Adjuster
- 12-Way Power Front Passenger Seat Adjuster
- Memory seat
- Power driver seat
- Power steering
- Power windows
- Power Windows w/Driver/Front Passenger Express-Down
- Rear Access Door Power Windows
- Remote keyless entry
- Steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Universal Home Remote
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- ABS brakes
- Dual front impact airbags
- Emergency communication system
- Front anti-roll bar
- Front wheel independent suspension
- Low tire pressure warning
- Passenger cancellable airbag
- Power Door Locks
- Delay-off headlights
- Front fog lights
- Front Halogen Fog Lamps
- Fully automatic headlights
- Panic alarm
- Security system
- Electronic Cruise Control w/Set & Resume Speed
- Speed control
- Auto-dimming door mirrors
- Body-Colored Bodyside Moldings
- Body-Colored Power-Adjust Heated Outside Mirrors
- Bodyside moldings
- Bumpers: chrome
- Electronic Shift Transfer Case
- Heated door mirrors
- Power door mirrors
- Rear step bumper
- Spare Tire Lock
- Turn signal indicator mirrors
- Auto-Dimming Inside Rear-View Mirror
- Auto-dimming Rear-View mirror
- Color-Keyed Carpeting Floor Covering
- Driver & Front Passenger Vanity Mirror Visors
- Driver door bin
- Driver vanity mirror
- Front reading lights
- Garage door transmitter
- Illuminated entry
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Outside temperature display
- Overhead console
- Passenger vanity mirror
- Rear reading lights
- Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
- Tilt steering wheel
- Trip computer
- Front Bucket Seats
- Front Power Full-Feature Reclining Bucket Seats
- Heated front seats
- Power passenger seat
- Split folding rear seat
- Ultrasoft Leather-Appointed Seat Trim
- Floor Console w/Dual Cup Holders
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage
- Passenger door bin
- 17" x 7.5" 8-Lug Bright Machined Aluminum Wheels
- Solar-Ray Deep-Tinted Glass
- Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System
- Variably intermittent wipers
- 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
The 2007 GMC Sierra lineup consists of the 1500, 2500HD, 3500HD, and the luxurious Denali. The 1500 is the half-ton pickup suitable for personal use, while the Denali gets its own 403-horsepower 6.2L aluminum V8 engine. In between lie the trucks designed for work upon which GMC has made their "Professional Grade" reputation.
Like many pickups today the 2500/3500HDs are available in a wide variety of configurations, all of which are available with either two- or four-wheel drive.
The Sierra 2500HD allows a combined passenger/cargo weight nearly 4,000 pounds depending on cab type, bed length, and drivetrain, while the 3500HD can handle up to 5,300 pounds when configured with dual rear wheels. This is the optimum selection to take advantage of the 3500HD's 13,000-pound towing capacity.
All GMC Sierras benefit from a brand-new interior for 2007. The handles and knobs are designed to be operated while wearing work gloves. Under-seat storage enhances utility, as does a cavernous double glove box.
Three cab styles are available (regular, extended, and crew cab) and three box configurations are available (standard, long, and Dually long). The extended cab has two rear-hinged, half doors that open 170 degrees and have fully opening windows. Crew cab models has four full-size doors and has space for six adults. Both the extended cab and crew cab have a newly designed rear seat bottom that handily folds up out of the way without the need of a release lever.
3500HD models come in two additional variants, identified by SRW (single rear wheels) or DRW (Double rear wheels, sometimes called Dually). The DRW models offer enhanced stability for those who routinely tow trailers near the upper end of capacity.
Most folks will get by just fine with the standard 6.0L gas V8 engine that uses variable valve timing to produce 353-horsepower and 373 ft-lbs of torque. It is backed up by the latest version of General Motors' Hydra-Matic, now with six speeds.
For those who need maximum grunt, a 6.6L diesel engine makes only slightly more horsepower (365), but its 660 ft-lbs of torque should be capable of doing just about any job. This torque-monster is backed up by a six-speed Allison automatic transmission.
Two suspensions are now offered on the HD trucks. In addition to a standard suspension, the optional Z71 suspension is aimed towards off-road use and includes skid plates along with other additional equipment.
GMC's HD series has a bolder appearance, especially in front, with a wider grille, domed hood, and broader fenders. The HD trucks boast entirely new running gear, with a ladder frame underneath and hydroformed front section, a structure designed for better crash protection, new recirculating-ball steering gear aimed at improving steering feel, and a strong four-wheel disc brake system with anti-lock. The brakes now have an integrated trailer brake controller.
Trims run the range in price and comfort. The WT (Work Truck) comes with an interior designed to stand up to rough duty. The SLE1 adds such niceties as cruise control, a CD player, power door locks, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The SLE2 upgrades to dual-zone climate control, six-way power seat controls, and steering-wheel mounted audio controls. Finally, the SLT adds a premium leather interior, 17-inch bright machined aluminum wheels, a six-disc CD changer, and even heated windshield wiper fluid.
Some of the more notable options include power-adjustable pedals, Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist, a remote starting system, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system on crew cabs, an EZ Lift tailgate, and a power-sliding rear window on extended and crew cabs. A wide range of audio systems includes MP3- and DVD-compatible players, along with XM satellite radio.
The Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD are new for 2007. The professional grade truck has been given a complete makeover from frame to body parts, and the all-new interior works well as a mobile office as GMC continues to make great strides in truck livability. An 8.1L V8 is no longer available on the GM pickups.