Purchasing a vehicle is a big investment. Many people opt for a pre-owned vehicle because they can save some money on their vehicle purchase, and the vehicle does not depreciate as quickly. If you are looking to upgrade, you might want to consider pre-owned vehicles.
Buying a pre-owned vehicle can be a great way to save some money and get a car that fits your needs. Below, we are going to take a closer look at the Honda Accord and what it offers you in terms of performance, technology, interior features, exterior features, and safety features.
Learn more about what the Honda Accord can offer you below, and check out our selection of pre-owned Honda Accord vehicles at Tim’s Truck.
Performance and Engine Options
When you are looking at buying a vehicle, performance is an essential aspect. You need to know that you are buying a vehicle that can offer you the type of performance you need for your life.
With a midsize car like the Honda Accord, you want this vehicle to be powerful enough to take on commutes and road trips, but you also want fuel efficiency and reliability. The Honda Accord offers you all of this. There are a few different powertrains that can be found in the Accord, and you can learn more about those below.
- 1.5-liter four-cylinder – The base engine found in an entry-level Accord is a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This engine produces around 190-horsepower, and it is paired with a continuously variable automatic transmission. Fuel efficiency is estimated at 30 city and 38 highway miles per gallon.
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder – Another engine that can be found in the Honda Accord is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. This one is more powerful, producing around 250-horsepower. It is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. This engine doesn’t offer quite as good of fuel efficiency. You can expect to get around 22 city and 32 highway miles per gallon with this more powerful engine.
- Hybrid – The Honda Accord is also available in a hybrid version. This hybrid option is composed of a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and two electric motors. This comes with a continuously variable automatic transmission, and it produces 212-horsepower. You can get great fuel efficiency with this Honda Accord option; you can expect around 48 city and 47 highway miles per gallon.
As you can see, there are different Honda Accord models with different engine options. This means that you can find the performance that fits best with your life. What specific Honda Accord options do we have for you at Tim’s Truck? Check out our inventory online, or reach out to us today.
The exterior of the Honda Accord can offer you features like LED low-beam headlights, 19-inch alloy wheels, a fastback inspired design, and a sporty stance. However, the exact features you get in your accord depend on the specific model or trim level. Check out the different trims below and the types of features you can expect to find on each.
- LX – This will be your base model. It will have basic features like the standard Honda Sensing suite of safety features. It will also have features like Bluetooth and a rearview camera.
Sport – The Sport trim will add technology features like Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a touchscreen infotainment system. The Sport trim also could have the more powerful engine option.
- EX – In this model, you will get more technology and safety features like remote start, heated front seats, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross traffic alert.
- EX-L – The EX-L will offer you leather seating and a premium stereo system to give you a more impressive interior.
- Touring – This is your most high-end Honda Accord. It will have the more powerful engine standard, and it will also have extra features like a Wi-Fi hotspot, wireless device charging, and a head-up display.
Which of these Honda Accords sounds like the one for you? The answer depends on the features and style you are looking for. However, you can check out some different options for yourself at Tim’s Truck.
On the inside of the Honda Accord, you can find comfortable seating for five people. The base models of the Accord come with cloth seating, but other versions of this vehicle have leather upholstery, heated seats, and ventilated seats.
There is also plenty of space in this midsize car. It has plenty of legroom in both rows of seating, so both adults and children can be comfortable. For interior cargo space, the Honda Accord offers you 16.7 cubic feet of trunk space.
Your Honda Accord has plenty of technology to keep you entertained and connected. The exact features and technology depend on your specific Accord model, but you can check out some of the impressive technology available below.
- Smartphone Connectivity – We all want the ability to connect to our technology even when we are on the road. The Honda Accord gives you features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration that allows you to connect your smartphone to your vehicle. You can connect these to have access to things like your music, text messages, phone contacts, apps, and navigation through your car so that you can focus on the road.
- Wireless Device Charging – Keeping your smartphone charged while you are on the road is also important. That is why the Accord offers you a wireless phone charger. You can stay charged without worrying about adaptors and cords.
- Head-Up Display – This available feature gives you the ability to keep your eyes on the road ahead and still see needed information. The Head-Up Display projects important information like speed, directions, and more on the windshield in the driver’s line of sight.
- Infotainment – An infotainment system in the Honda Accord can come with a touchscreen that gives you access to apps, navigation, and other controls. This type of system puts the things you need in one easy-to-use location.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – Newer Honda Accord models can also feature Wi-Fi hotspot capability. This allows a person to enjoy wireless streaming while they are on the road. This means your passengers can stay entertained, and you can even have a mobile office if you are on the go.
Those technology features are not all that the Honda Accord has to offer you. This vehicle also offers you safety technology features that you can learn more about below.
The Honda Accord was built safer for you. This vehicle was designed to be strong with high-quality materials to promote your safety. This vehicle also has plenty of airbags looking out for you. However, there are also safety features that can help prevent collisions from occurring.
On newer Honda Accord models, you get the Honda Sensing suite of features standard. This safety suite includes features like traffic sign recognition, lane keeping assist system, adaptive cruise control, road departure mitigation system, and the collision mitigation braking system. You can learn more details about a few of these features below.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – This system uses sensors and cameras to detect potential front-end collisions. If it detects that a collision is unavoidable, the system will apply the brakes and bring your Honda to a stop. This can reduce the severity of a collision, or it can help you avoid a collision altogether.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Adaptive cruise control helps you maintain a safe distance behind vehicles while you are driving on the highway. This feature will stop or slow your vehicle if you are getting too close to the vehicle in front of you so that you can maintain a safe distance.
- Traffic Sign Recognition – This safety feature has a camera that recognizes traffic signs like speed limit signs and stop signs. Traffic sign recognition can them display those signs on the driver information interface or head-up display so that you have the information you need to know like the speed limit.
All the safety features discussed above are part of the Honda Sensing safety suite. This suite of safety features comes standard on all newer Honda Accord models. This means that you do not have to pay extra for the safety features that you deserve.
The Honda Accord is a reliable and capable midsize sedan. This vehicle offers you the performance and efficiency that you need for your daily life. You also get safety features to look out for you, and technology features to keep you entertained. There is a lot going for the Honda Accord, and you can get a pre-owned Honda Accord at Tim’s Truck today. Reach out to us to learn more about our vehicle selection and how we can help you upgrade.