Before buying a supercharger, you must research the market thoroughly and arm yourself with adequate information. The following tips will help you in choosing the perfect model:
- ·Know your engine: Ascertain the model, type, and year of the engine along with the specifics of your used vehicle before going to shop for a supercharger.
- ·Horsepower: There are various types of superchargers for street use, racing, and even for marine engines. Choose the proper unit with appropriate horsepower. For example- street legal standards will not be met if you use a racing package in your normal car.
- ·Types: There are various types of superchargers-
- Root – A large quantity of air is used in the intake manifold. These are very popular in racing cars and excess energy is offered in quick bursts.
- Twin-Screw – Twin Screw superchargers are noisy and expensive.They are used in trucks when a lot of torque and horsepower is needed for applications like towing.
- Centrifugal – These are very efficient and used in streets as well as racing tracks.
- ·Installation: Different models have differing installation requirements. The root supercharger needs more room and a hood that is specially cut out. If you purchase a centrifugal supercharger, it is best to get some professional help as it is quite tough to install.
- ·Cost: Don’t go by the price alone. Look at the warranty and after-sale services too. Research the market properly.
- ·Experts recommend that you should use the smallest supercharger which will give you the target boost. This has two advantages:
- 1.It is more responsive and provide the required boost sooner
- 2.To drive it, you will need relatively less horsepower.
Check into Tim’s Truck Capital & Auto Sales Inc. to know more about a supercharger.
Tim’s Truck Capital & Auto Sales Inc.
904 Suncook Valley Hwy
Epsom, NH 03234