Buying a compact car is a great choice for many people. These types of vehicles are affordable, easy to drive, they can fit in small spaces, they offer great fuel efficiency, and they are often loaded with great technology features. The Volkswagen Jetta is just one compact car option, but it is a great option because of all that it gives you.
Below, you can learn more about the Volkswagen Jetta and all that it can offer you. This vehicle can offer you an exciting performance with its GLI model. It can also offer you a great exterior style and some excellent interior and technology features. Check out everything that you can get with the VW Jetta here, and if you have any questions about this vehicle or your next upgrade, you can reach out to us at Tim’s Truck Capital.
Performance and Engine Options
The Volkswagen Jetta is a compact car, but it is not small on performance. Check out more about your engine options and overall performance in the Jetta below.
- 1.4-liter Turbocharged four-cylinder – Your base engine for the Volkswagen Jetta is a 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. This engine produces 147-horsepower, and it is paired with a six-speed manual transmission. There is also an eight-speed automatic transmission that is available. When it comes to fuel efficiency, you can expect this base engine to give you around 30 city and 40 highway miles per gallon.
- 2.0-liter Turbocharged four-cylinder – The other engine option for the Jetta is more performance-oriented, and it is only available in the GLI models. This engine is a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 228-horsepower. This engine is paired with a six-speed manual, but you can opt for the eight-speed automatic transmission if you would prefer. For fuel efficiency, this engine offers you about 25 city and 32 highway miles per gallon.
The VW Jetta is fun to drive, and it has good handling. It also offers you a smooth riding experience, whether you are driving in town or on the highway. The performance is not all that the Jetta has going for it; this vehicle has a lot of other great features as well that you can learn more about below.
The exterior of the VW Jetta has a sporty style and function. This vehicle has a design with clean and smooth lines. You also get exterior features like LED headlights, LED daytime running lights, and LED taillights to help you see better.
There are different trim levels associated with the Jetta, and each of these different options provides you with different features. You can learn more about your different trim options right here.
- S – Your base Jetta model gives you a good amount of technology standard. You get standard features like Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, a 6.5-inch touchscreen, a rearview camera, and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- SE – With the SE, you add some interior upgrades like heated front seats and synthetic leather upholstery. You also add safety features like forward collision warning, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross traffic alert.
- R-Line – The R-Line gives you a leather-wrapped steering wheel and some unique styling options to give you a bold look.
- SEL – The SEL gives you an upgraded 8-inch touchscreen, the BeatsAudio sound system, wireless device charging, and a 10.25-inch digital cockpit.
- SEL Premium – When you upgrade to the SEL Premium, you get features like leather upholstery and front sport seats. You also get a navigation system.
- GLI – The Jetta GLI is the more performance-oriented Jetta with the more powerful engine. This vehicle is available in an S and Autobahn model. Both of these give you the 228-horsepower engine and features like a Wi-Fi hotspot, heated seats, a push-button start, and safety features like automatic emergency braking, forward collision alert, blind spot monitoring, and more.
As you can see, there are several Jetta models, and each of these has something unique to offer you, whether it is exterior features or interior features. You can learn more details about some of those interior features below.
On the inside of the Volkswagen Jetta, you can find seating for up to five people on cloth upholstery. This vehicle has plenty of space for adults in the first and second rows of seating. There are also some optional upgrades for the interior like synthetic or genuine leather upholstery. There is also a heated steering wheel, heated seats, ventilated front seats, front sport seats, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel option.
The Jetta offers you 14.1 cubic feet of trunk space, which is pretty good for a compact car. There are also 60/40 split-folding rear seats to allow you to storage larger cargo and items.
The inside of the Jetta also offers you some great technology features. These features can keep you entertained during your drive, as well as keeping you connected to your people. Learn more about some of the technology features you can find in this vehicle below.
- Infotainment System – This vehicle comes standard with an infotainment system and a 6.5-inch touchscreen, which has apps, music, and other controls. There is the option to upgrade to an 8-inch touchscreen in certain Jetta models. This infotainment system is intuitive and easy to use.
- Smartphone Connectivity – You also get smartphone connectivity with your VW Jetta. This vehicle offers you Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility standard. This means that you can connect your phone with your vehicle so that you have access to phone contacts, apps, and music through your vehicle.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – You also have a Wi-Fi hotspot standard in the VW Jetta. This Wi-Fi hotspot can keep you connected and entertained, and it can even turn your vehicle into a mobile office if you need it.
- Wireless Device Charging – It is important to keep your phone charged while you are driving because you might need it if something unexpected were to happen. Instead of worrying about charging your phone before you leave or hauling around power cords, you could take advantage of the available wireless charging system in the VW Jetta.
- Audio Systems – The VW Jetta comes standard with a four-speaker stereo, but there are other options available for those that love to listen to music and podcasts while they drive. This vehicle also has a six-speaker stereo, HD radio, satellite radio, and an eight-speaker BeatsAudio sound system available to enhance your listening experience.
Those are not the only technology features that can be found in the VW Jetta. This vehicle also has features like USB ports, Bluetooth, a navigation system, and the VW Digital Cockpit system with a 10.25-inch display. The Jetta also offers you safety features and technology to look out for you and your passengers while you are on the road. You can learn more about those safety features below.
You can stay safer in the VW Jetta because it was built with your safety and security in mind. This vehicle was built with quality materials to help protect you in the event of a collision, and it has many airbags to look out for you and your passengers.
The Jetta also has driver-assistance technology features available that can help prevent collisions from occurring in the first place. These driver assistance features include options like rear cross traffic alert, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, and more. You can learn about some of these features in greater detail below.
- Forward Collision Warning – If there is a vehicle or something in front of you, this safety feature can alert you to its presence. It can also help you brake if it thinks there is the danger of a collision occurring. This can help prevent a front-end collision.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – This feature is helpful when you are backup up because it has sensors that detect other vehicles that are trying to cross behind you. If it detects other vehicles, it alerts you to them and can even apply the brakes if you are in danger of hitting them.
- Lane Keep Assist – This safety feature is only on when you are driving at above 37 miles per hour. If you are driving at least that fast, the lane keep assist system will sense if you start to drift into another lane, and it will help keep you in your current lane.
These safety technology features can help you stay safer because they could help prevent collisions from happening. These available safety features can be a great thing to add to your VW Jetta.
What is your favorite part of this compact car? Clearly, the VW Jetta has a lot to offer you. This vehicle gives you the performance you want and need, along with features that look out for you and keep you connected.
Do you have any questions about the VW Jetta or your next vehicle upgrade? Reach out to us at Tim’s Truck Capital, and we can help you out.